Baby Shower Spread #1 – Baby Girl
LEMON CHICKEN SALAD IN MINI PITA POCKETS
This chicken salad is delicious and it makes a perfect appetizer when stuffed into halved mini pita pockets http://toufayan.com/products#minipitettes and garnished with fresh dill.
Note: 1 package of mini pita pockets contains 20, so when cut in half you’ll end up with 40 small halves, but you’ll probably only need about 25 of them for a small spread.
Recipe found here: http://thecozyapron.com/lemon-chicken-salad/
HAM, SWISS CHEESE & OLIVE SKEWERS
These are quick and easy to make. Simply skewer cubes of Swiss cheese, thinly sliced ham, olives and parsley. These are great with turkey too. I like to add special touches by making themed toothpicks. This recipe makes 40 skewers, but these are very small bites, so most of your guests will end up eating 3-4 each.
- 4 oz Swiss Cheese, cut into 40 small cubes
- 7-8 Slices Ham, thinly sliced, cut into 40 small rolls
- 20 Black Olives, medium size
- 20 Pimento Stuffed Green Olives
- 40 Small Parsley Leaves
- On each toothpick, skewer a parsley leaf, a black or green olive, a rolled up piece of ham and a cube of Swiss cheese.
CREAMY FETA SPINACH DIP
This is a nice, light, creamy spinach dip with garlic & feta. It goes well with any type of cracker.
Recipe found here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-feta-spinach-dip
VANILLA FRUIT DIP WITH TOASTED CINNAMON ALMONDS
I have made this dip many times for many different occasions. It’s so tasty and it’s always a huge hit. I normally serve this dip with strawberries, cantaloupe and grapes; although it’s good with just about any type of fruit, or just by the spoonful.
- 1 (3.4 oz) Package Jello French Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 Cup Reduced Fat Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Strawberries, Cantaloupe, Grapes (or any fruit you like)
- Toast almonds in dry pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat; toss almonds with cinnamon. Set aside to cool. In mixing bowl, slowly add milk (1/4 cup at a time) to the vanilla pudding mix and whisk until smooth. Stir in the almond extract and Cool Whip. Refrigerate for at least an hour. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the dip with the toasted cinnamon almonds. Serve with fruit.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED WAFER COOKIES
Pink strawberry wafer cookies dipped in white chocolate and covered in pink sprinkles – so cute for a baby girl shower!
Recipe found here: http://www.theidearoom.net/2016/01/chocolate-dipped-wafer-cookies.html
ROCK A BYE BABY PUNCH
This is a simple punch that’s made with only 2 ingredients and it’s a perfect pink color. This makes quite a bit so you’ll probably only need to make half of this recipe for a small spread.
Recipe found here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rock-a-bye-baby-punch
- Chicken Breasts (1 pound)
- Ham, thinly sliced (about 8 slices)
- Swiss Cheese (4 ounces)
- Feta Cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- Cream Cheese, low fat (1/4 cup)
- Sour Cream, low fat (1/4 cup)
- Plain Yogurt, low fat (8-ounces)
- Milk, reduced fat (1/2 cup)
- Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Raspberry Sherbet (2 quarts)
- Cantaloupe (1 medium size)
- Grapes (red or green) (a couple large bunches)
- Strawberries (1 package)
- Lemon (1)
- Fresh Spinach (1-1/2 cups)
- Garlic (1 clove)
- Fresh Dill (1 small package)
- Parsley (1 bunch)
- Almond Extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1/8 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1/8 teaspoon)
- Jello Instant French Vanilla Pudding Mix (One 3.4oz pkg)
- White Chocolate Chips (One 12 ounce bag)
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (One 12 ounce bag)
- Pink Sprinkles (1 bottle)
- Mini Pitas (1 pkg of 20)
- Crackers (2 boxes)
- Pink Wafer Cookies (1 package – there’s about 30 cookies in a package)
- Black Olives, medium size (1 can)
- Green Olives (1 small jar)
- Ginger Ale (3 liters)
A day before the party:
- Prepare the fruit dip and store it a serving bowl covered with plastic wrap. The fruit can also be cut up the day before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I would store each fruit separately so the flavors and colors don’t blend together.
- Toast the almonds for the Vanilla Fruit Dip; cool and store in plastic baggie.
- Prepare the Creamy Feta Spinach Dip and store in refrigerator in a serving bowl, covered with plastic wrap.
- Prepare the chicken salad and stored in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Cut Swiss cheese into small cubes for skewers; store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- The themed toothpicks can be made far in advance. Store in plastic bag to keep clean until the party.
Day of the party:
- Fill the mini pitas with chicken salad, garnish with fresh dill, arrange on serving platter.
- Roll up the ham and slice into small rolls. Skewer the ham, cheese, olives and parsley on toothpicks and arrange on serving platter; garnish with parsley.
- Arrange fruit on serving platter around the bowl of Vanilla Fruit Dip.
- Arrange crackers on serving platter around the bowl of Creamy Feta Spinach Dip.
- Arrange wafer cookies on serving platter.
- Mix the punch in a punch bowl.