Brunch Spread #2
GREEK HAM SLIDERS
These sliders are a little crunchy on the outside and warm and gooey on the inside with cream cheese and feta cheese and ham, artichoke hearts, black olives, spinach, red peppers and spices. These have really great flavor.
- 24 Slider Buns
- 48 Slices Ham, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 Cups Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Red Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 1-1/2 Cups Black Olives, sliced
- 1-1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter with the garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper. Set aside. Mix together the cream cheese, feta cheese and green onions. Spread both sides of the slider buns with the cream cheese mixture. Top the bottoms of the slider buns with red bell peppers, black olives, artichoke hearts, spinach and ham (2 slices per slider). Put the slider tops back on and brush them with the garlic butter mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
CHEESY BREAKFAST NACHOS
Bacon and eggs with veggies and black beans on top of crunchy tortilla chips and melted spicy cheddar cheese. What a perfect snack for a brunch spread!
FRIED MASHED POTATOES
Breaded, deep fried mashed potato balls with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives, garlic and other spices. These sound amazing!
Recipe found here: http://www.mantitlement.com/recipes/fried-mashed-potatoes/
DILL, CHEDDAR & GREEN ONION CHEESE BALL
Cheese balls are so easy to make. Simply mix all ingredients, form into a ball and cover with nuts. They’re quick and they look and taste great. This one has cream cheese, mild cheddar cheese, dill, parsley, green onions and garlic, and it’s covered in pecans. Serve with your favorite cracker.
APPLE FILLED STREUSEL MUFFINS
These muffins are filled with apples and lots of cinnamon with a streusel topping and finished with a drizzle of icing. The apple filling keeps them very soft and moist. They’re just delicious!
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2-1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Spray
- 7 Medium-sized Honeycrisp Apples
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sauce pan, combine ingredients for the apple filling. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the streusel topping until crumbly.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for about one minute, until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, along with the eggs, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Mix until combined, about a minute.
- Spray 2 muffin tins generously with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of muffin mix into each muffin cup (cups will be a little less than ½ full); top each one with about 1 tablespoon of the apple filling, and top with another tablespoon of muffin mix. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into muffin. Allow muffins to cool in pans for 15-20 minutes. This will make it easier to remove them. Remove muffins from pans and cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes longer. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the icing. When muffins are completely cool, drizzle them with icing.
- Ham, thinly sliced (48 slices)
- Smoked Bacon (8 slices)
- Eggs (11)
- Butter (1-3/4 cups)
- Milk (1-1/2 cups)
- Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt (1/2 cup)
- Cabot’s Chipotle Cheddar (8 ounces)
- Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Feta Cheese, crumbled (1-1/2 cups)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- Cream Cheese (19 ounces)
- Artichoke Hearts (3/4 cup)
- Black Olives (1-1/2 cups)
- Black Beans (1 small can)
- Red Bell Peppers (3/4 cup)
- Fresh Spinach (1-1/2 cups)
- Green Onions/Scallions (1 bunch)
- Tomatoes (2)
- Jalapeno (1)
- Yellow Onion (1 small)
- Fresh Parsley (1 teaspoon)
- Lemon Juice (1 teaspoon)
- Honeycrisp Apples (7 medium size)
- Mashed Potatoes (4 cups)
- Bread Crumbs (1 cup)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cooking Spray
- Flour (4 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Light Brown Sugar (1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- Powdered Sugar (1-1/2 cups)
- Baking Powder (2-1/2 teaspoons)
- Vanilla Extract (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Almond Extract (1/4 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
- Ground Nutmeg (1/4 teaspoon)
- Pecans, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- Sesame Seeds (3 teaspoons)
- Dill Weed (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic Powder (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- Dried Oregano (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Black Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Slider Buns (24)
- Tortilla Chips (32)
- Crackers (2 small boxes or 1 party size box)
A day before the party:
- For the Greek Ham Sliders, slice the red bell peppers and black olives; chop the spinach and artichoke hearts. Store separately in covered containers in refrigerator. Mix the cream cheese with the feta cheese and sliced green onions. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Scramble the eggs and cook & crumble the bacon for the Cheesy Breakfast Nachos. Store separately in covered containers in refrigerator. Chop the tomatoes, onion and jalapeno. Store separately in covered containers in refrigerator.
- Mix all ingredients (except pecans) for the Dill, Cheddar & Green Onion Cheese Ball; form into a ball; place in the center of a serving platter; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- For the Fried Mashed Potatoes, mix together the mashed potatoes, cream cheese, chives, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roll into balls and store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Make the Apple Streusel Muffins. Allow them to cool completely and drizzle them with icing. Cover and store at room temperature.
Day of the party:
- For the Greek Ham Sliders, melt the butter with the garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the sliders; brush tops with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Prepare the Cheesy Breakfast Nachos. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Dip the mashed potato balls into flour, eggs and bread crumbs; fry until golden brown. Place in a serving bowl or on a platter.
- Cover the cheese ball with pecans. Arrange crackers around it on the serving platter.
- Arrange the Apple Streusel Muffins on a serving platter, bowl or basket.
…And enjoy the spread!