Brunch Spread #3
SPINACH & MUSHROOM OMELET BITES
- 10 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, plus a few dashes for garnish
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 mini muffin pans generously with cooking spray.
- Chop the spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and parsley. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with mushrooms, spinach and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, dried oregano, garlic powder, black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese, filling the muffin cups almost to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove omelet bites from the pans. Place them on a serving platter and top each one with chopped grape tomatoes, chopped parsley and a sprinkle of salt.
CHEESY TURKEY PESTO ROLLS
Turkey, mozzarella cheese and pesto baked into warm crescent roll dough until it’s melty and cheesy. This recipe makes 9 rolls. I would double it for a small spread.
Recipe found here: http://www.bakerita.com/cheesy-turkey-pesto-rolls/
SUN-DRIED TOMATO & KALAMATA OLIVE HUMMUS WITH PITA CHIPS
This whips up in your food processor in no time at all. It’s a combination of chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives with garlic and fresh basil with a bit of cumin for a slight smoky flavor. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
Recipe found here: http://www.connoisseurusveg.com/sun-dried-tomato-kalamata-olive-hummus/
BLUEBERRY PANCAKE BITES
Bite-sized pancakes with fresh blueberries baked inside and drizzled with icing. These are very easy to make. They’re moist and so delicious.
Recipe found here: http://www.motherthyme.com/2016/03/blueberry-pancake-bites.html
SPIKED PEACH MELON BALLS
Why have plain melon balls when you can have vodka soaked peach flavored melon balls? Sounds like a pretty great addition to a brunch spread to me. These are awesome just on their own or as a tasty garnish in a mimosa or your favorite cocktail.
- 24 Cantaloupe Balls (about 1/2 of a medium size melon)
- 2-1/2 Cups Peach Flavored Vodka (I used Smirnoff Peach Vodka)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 24 Small Mint Leaves
- 24 Toothpicks
- Using a melon baller, make 24 one-inch balls. Place them in a shallow bowl or a tall glass and cover them with peach flavored vodka. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Strain the melon balls, reserving the liquid for your next cocktail. Place the melon balls on a serving platter, drizzle them with honey and a squeeze of lime. Skewer the mint leaves with the toothpicks and stick them into the melon balls. Serve them on their own or as a garnish in your favorite cocktail.
- Deli Turkey, thin sliced (1-1/2 pounds)
- Eggs, large (11)
- Milk (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (1-1/2 to 2 cups)
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Pillsbury crescent rolls (2 tubes)
- Mushrooms (1 cup)
- Spinach, fresh baby (1 cup)
- Grape Tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- Sun-dried tomatoes, dry (not oil-packed) (1/3 cup)
- Basil leaves, fresh (1/2 cup)
- Mint leaves (24 small)
- Garlic cloves (2)
- Blueberries, fresh (1/3 cup)
- Cantaloupe (1/2 of a medium size)
- Lemon (1)
- Lime (1)
- Chickpeas (14 ounce can)
- Tahini (3 tablespoons)
- Pesto (1/2 cup)
- Kalamata olives, pitted (3/4 cup)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Flour, all purpose (1-1/2 cups)
- Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Confectioner’s sugar (1/2 cup)
- Honey (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Baking powder (1/2 tablespoon)
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin, ground (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Oregano, dried (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt (about 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Black pepper, ground (1/4 teaspoon)
- Toothpicks (24)
- Pita chips (1 party size bag)
- Peach Flavored Vodka (2-1/2 cups)
A day before the party:
- Make the Sun-dried Tomato & Kalamata Olive Hummus. Store in refrigerator in covered serving bowl.
- Prepare the Cheesy Turkey Pesto Rolls. Place them on a baking sheet, cover with foil or plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Prepare and bake the Blueberry Pancake Bites. Allow them to cool. Mix ingredients for the icing. Wait to cover them with icing until the day of the party. Store them in an airtight container. Store icing in refrigerator in covered bowl.
Day of the party:
- Make the Spiked Peach Melon Balls. Allow them to soak in the peach vodka in the refrigerator for at least an hour. After soaking, strain them, place them on a serving platter, squeeze lime over them and drizzle with honey. Skewer each melon ball with a mint leaf.
- Bake the Cheesy Turkey Pesto Rolls at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Place them on a serving platter.
- Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees. Prepare the Spinach & Mushroom Omelet Bites. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow them to cool for a few minutes. Remove the omelet bites from the pans; place on a serving platter; top each one with chopped grape tomatoes and chopped parsley and a sprinkle of salt.
- Remove the icing from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, stir until smooth. Place the Blueberry Pancake Bites on a serving platter; drizzle them with icing.
- Uncover the Sun-dried Tomato & Kalamata Olive Hummus, place on a serving platter with pita chips.
…And enjoy the spread!