Christmas Spread #1
CHICKEN ENCHILADA PINWHEELS
Chicken enchilada flavors rolled into bite sized tortillas. These are wonderful! They’re cheesy and a little spicy – a great little party bite. This recipe is quite large; it makes 80. I would only make half of that for a small spread. It will still make quite a few, but these are quite addicting. I don’t believe you’ll have leftovers.
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS PUFFS
Prosciutto, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and melted Italian cheeses baked in flaky puff pastry. These sound delicious!
LAYERED MEXICAN DIP
Every year, I make this Mexican dip for my family’s Christmas party. Everyone just loves it and they look forward to it once a year. I couldn’t possibly show up to the party without it. Although it may seem like a lot of dip, it disappears super fast.
- 16 Ounces Refried Beans, Vegetarian Style
- 2 Medium Ripe Avocados
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Ounce Package Dry Taco Seasoning, Mild
- 8 Ounces Mexican Blend Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Cup Black Olives, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Sliced (green part only)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Couple Dashes Black Pepper
- 1 Party Size Bag Tortilla Chips
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados with 1 tablespoon sour cream, lemon juice, salt & black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining sour cream with the taco seasoning. Chop the tomatoes; slice the black olives and the green onions. Spread the bottom of a 9x13 pan with the refried beans; top with the avocado mixture; top with the sour cream/taco seasoning mixture; cover it with the shredded cheese and top with tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
SANTAS SNACK MIX
A mixture of popcorn, holiday-shaped pretzels, peanuts and M&M’s. This is like caramel corn, but so much better. It’s drizzled with chocolate and covered with holiday sprinkles. What a great, sweet, festive snack!
Recipe found here: http://www.smartschoolhouse.com/easy-recipe/santas-snack-mix#_a5y_p=4543618
MINI PUMPKIN CHEESECAKES WITH CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING
These are better than pumpkin pie! – Decadent, creamy cheesecakes with lots of pumpkin pie flavors and a gingersnap cookie crust; topped with a gooey caramel pecan topping and sprayed with fresh whipped cream. These are perfectly delicious for any holiday party.
- 1 Cup Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 20 Cupcake liners
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Mix together all ingredients and press into cupcake liners; about 1 tablespoon in each liner.
- Two 8-ounce Packages Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 7-1/2 Ounces Pumpkin Puree (half of a 15 ounce can)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/8 Cup Sugar
- 3/8 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Can Spray Whip Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Mix together all ingredients for crust and press into cupcake liners; about 1 tablespoon in each liner.
- Using electric or hand mixer, cream together the softened cream cheese and the sugar and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and vanilla. Spoon the filling over the crusts. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes; then remove from pans and allow cheesecakes to cool on wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, cook the brown sugar, butter, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and salt over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; add vanilla and pecans. Cool for at least 20 minutes. Once the cheesecakes are cooled, top them with caramel pecan topping and spray with whip cream (optional).
- Chicken, cooked (1 cup shredded) (Rotisserie chicken works well)
- Prosciutto (6 slices)
- Eggs (3 large)
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded (8 ounces + 3/4 cup)
- Italian four blend cheese (1-1/4 cup)
- Cream cheese (three 8-ounce packages)
- Butter (about 1 cup)
- Heavy whipping cream (1/2 cup)
- Sour cream (16 ounces)
- Spray whip cream (1 can) – (optional)
- Tomatoes, medium (2)
- Asparagus (24 spears)
- Avocados, ripe (2 medium)
- Green onions (1 bunch)
- Cilantro (1/4 cup)
- Garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- All-purpose flour (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Sugar (about 2 cups)
- Brown sugar (about 1-1/4 cups)
- Corn syrup (3/4 cup)
- Vanilla (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Cinnamon (1-3/4 teaspoons)
- Dove dark chocolate candies (1 package)
- Peanuts (2 cups)
- Pecans, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Holiday sprinkles (1 cup)
- M&M’s holiday baking minis, or holiday mint candies, or white chocolate peppermint candies (1 package)
- Cupcake liners (20)
- Black pepper (couple dashes)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon + a dash)
- Nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon)
- Ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
- Ground cloves (1/8 teaspoon)
- Gingersnap cookie crumbs (1 cup)
- Popped popcorn (8-10 cups)
- Pretzels, holiday shaped (2-3 cups)
- Tortilla Chips (1 party size bag)
- Black Olives (1 cup)
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies (half of a 10 ounce can)
- Dry Taco Seasoning, mild (1 ounce package)
- Old El Paso original taco seasoning mix (1 tablespoon)
- Sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed) (1/4 cup)
- Pumpkin Puree (7-1/2 ounces)
- Refried beans, vegetarian (16 ounces)
- Puff pastry sheets (2 sheets / 1 box)
- Tortillas, burrito size (4)
A day before the party:
- Combine all ingredients (except tortillas) for the Chicken Enchilada Pinwheels. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Roll up the Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Puffs. Place them on a baking sheet; brush with egg wash; cover and refrigerate.
- For the Layered Mexican Dip, slice the black olives and green onions and chop the tomatoes. Store in covered containers in refrigerator.
- Make the Santas Snack Mix and store in covered, airtight container.
- Make the Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Caramel Pecan Topping. Allow them to cool; place on serving platter, cover and refrigerate.
Day of the party:
- Spread the chicken enchilada mixture over the tortillas, roll them up and refrigerate about 30 minutes. Slice into 1/2 inch slices and place on them on a serving platter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Puffs for 15 minutes and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Prepare the Layered Mexican Dip. Pour the tortilla chips into a serving bowl.
- Place the Santas Snack Mix in a serving bowl or platter.
- Spray the Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with whip cream and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
…And enjoy the spread!