Cocktail Spread #1
GARLIC HERB ROASTED SHRIMP WITH HOMEMADE COCKTAIL SAUCE
This is an excellent shrimp appetizer and the spicy cocktail sauce couldn’t be easier; it’s only two ingredients.
WARM TURKEY AND PROVOLONE CRESCENTS
Warm crescents with turkey and melted provolone cheese – SO good! and super easy to make. I always make quite a few of these even for a small gathering. They never last very long and I’ve never had leftovers.
- 2 Pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 8 Slices Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat, thinly sliced
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Teaspoons Silver Spring Dill Mustard
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- Cooking Spray
- Slice each piece of cheese & turkey into 4 strips, so you’ll end up with 32 pieces of each. Unroll the crescent dough and cut each crescent in half to form 32 small triangles. Spread each crescent triangle with a thin layer of dill mustard. The strips of cheese & turkey are a little long for the crescents, so instead of cutting them, I just fold each piece in half. Place a piece of turkey & a piece of cheese onto the wider side of the crescent dough and roll up the crescent triangles. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place crescents on cookie sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds and dried parsley. Bake @ 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
SPICY FETA DIP WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS
This is a very quick, easy dip. It has Mediterranean flavors with just a little bit of spice; served with pita chips and Kalamata olives.
Recipe found here: http://www.aspicyperspective.com/feta-dip/
APRICOTS WITH BASIL-CREAM CHEESE AND ALMONDS
I’m always looking for something a little different to make, so when I ran across this appetizer on Pinterest, I was very intrigued by the flavors and just had to try it. Not only are these lovely to look at, but they are a great, unique combination of sweet and savory flavors.
Recipe found here: http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/apricots-with-basil-cream-cheese-and-almonds/
CROCK POT HERBED ALMONDS
This recipe goes along with the apricot appetizer above, but they are also a great snack on their own and perfect with any cocktail.
Recipe found here: http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/crock-pot-herbed-almonds/
SALTED CARAMEL BARK
Because every cocktail party needs a little chocolate.
Recipe found here: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/salted-caramel-bark-2/
- Pita Chips (Two 7-8oz size bags or one party size (18oz) bag)
- Shrimp (2 lbs) (peeled & deveined) (fresh or frozen)
- Oven Roasted Turkey Lunch Meat, thinly sliced (8 Slices)
- Cream Cheese (2 oz)
- Feta Cheese (1 lb)
- Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced (8 Slices)
- Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese (1/2 lb)
- Crescent Roll Dough (2 packages)
- Lemon (1)
- Fresh Basil (1 tablespoon)
- Fresh Thyme (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic (6 cloves)
- Dried Apricots (20)
- Almonds, Raw (2-1/2 cups)
- Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Chips (11.5 oz package)
- Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips (11.5 oz package)
- Kraft Caramel Bits (11 oz package)
- Honey (1-2 teaspoons)
- Silver Spring Dill Mustard (4 teaspoons)
- Ketchup (1/2 cup)
- Horseradish (2 heaping tablespoons)
- Olive Oil (about 1/2 cup)
- Kalamata Olives (7-8 olives for garnish)
- Roasted Red Peppers (1 large red pepper)
- Black Pepper (about 1 teaspoon)
- Salt (about 1 tablespoon)
- Course Sea Salt (about 1 tablespoon)
- Red Pepper Flakes (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Dried Basil (1 teaspoon)
- Dried Oregano (1 tablespoon)
- Dried Rosemary (1 tablespoon)
- Dried Thyme (1 tablespoon)
- Dried Parsley (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sesame Seeds (about 2 tablespoons)
A day before the party:
- If frozen, thaw and wash the shrimp; pat dry with paper towel and store in covered bowl in refrigerator.
- Make the crockpot almonds; cool and store in airtight container.
- Cut up the ham and provolone cheese; store covered in refrigerator.
- Make the cocktail sauce ; place in covered serving bowl; store in refrigerator.
- Cut up the basil and mix it into the cream cheese; store covered in refrigerator.
- Make the Salted Caramel Bark; store in airtight container.
Day of the party:
- Place the Salted Caramel Bark in a serving bowl or plate.
- Place the Crockpot Almonds in serving bowl.
- Roll up the Turkey & Provolone Crescents and bake. When finished, arrange on serving platter.
- Add spices and olive oil to shrimp and bake. When finished, arrange shrimp on serving platter with bowl of cocktail sauce.
- Mix up the Spicy Feta Dip. Top with olives and olive oil. Arrange pita chips on platter with the bowl of feta dip.
- Arrange apricots on platter, top with basil cream cheese and herbed almonds and drizzle with honey.
…And enjoy the spread!