Cocktail Spread #2
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & POTATO SOUP SHOOTERS
This roasted fall soup is creamy and delicious. The apple and honey gives is a little sweetness while the jalapeno adds a touch of spice. Pour into your favorite shooter glasses and serve with mini spoons.
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 2 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 - 1 Small Jalapeno
- 2-1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Spike Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Quarter the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Quarter the potatoes and the apple; removing the core and seeds. Cut the jalapeno in half, remove most of the seeds. Use half to full jalapeno, depending on how spicy you want your soup. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roast the butternut squash, potatoes, green onions, jalapeno and apple for 45-50 minutes, until tender. Scoop out the inside of the butternut squash, place in blender with remaining ingredients, except for parley. Puree until smooth. Pour soup into shooter glasses and garnish with parsley.
CARAMELIZED ONION MUSHROOM APPLE GRUYERE BITES
Flaky puff pastry topped with caramelized onions, mushrooms, granny smith apples and topped with Gruyere cheese and seasoned with chives and thyme and baked until golden brown. This recipe makes about appetizers, I would only make half of this for a small spread.
PARMESAN CRUSTED CRAB CAKE BITES
Parmesan topped crab cakes baked in mini muffin tins and served with a chive aioli.
This recipe makes 12 small bites. I would double this, especially for a cocktail spread. I think these will disappear quickly.
Recipe found here: https://homeiswheretheboatis.net/2012/12/19/parmesan-crusted-crab-cake-bites-and-a-winner/
AVOCADO SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Creamy avocado blended with spinach and artichoke hearts. This dip has really great flavor, and unlike a traditional avocado dip, it keeps it’s vibrant green color even if you make it a day ahead.
Recipe found here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/avocado-spinach-artichoke-dip/
WHITE CHOCOLATE CINNAMON SUGAR PRETZELS
These pretzels are simple to make and there’s no baking involved. Simply toss the pretzels with oil, heat in the microwave, coat them with cinnamon and sugar and drizzle with white chocolate. So easy and they sound simply amazing.
Recipe found here: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/2011/12/white-chocolate-cinnamon-sugar-pretzels/
- Fresh lump crabmeat (12 ounces)
- Gruyere cheese, grated (3/4 ounce)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated (1-1/3 cups)
- Cream cheese (12 ounces)
- Butter (1/2 cup)
- Butter, unsalted (1 tablespoon)
- Eggs (3)
- Butternut squash (1 small)
- Yukon Gold potatoes (2 medium)
- Avocados (2 large)
- Baby bella mushrooms (2 ounces)
- Baby spinach (3 cups)
- Onion (1/2 large)
- Chives/green onions (1 bunch)
- Parsley (3 tablespoons + additional for garnish)
- Garlic cloves (5)
- Jalapeno (1 small)
- Lemon (1)
- Granny Smith apple (1)
- Honeycrisp apple (1)
- Olive oil, extra-virgin (2 tablespoons)
- Vegetable oil (2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- Cooking Spray
- Artichokes, marinated (1 cup)
- Dijon mustard (4 teaspoons)
- Mayonnaise (1 cup + 6 tablespoons)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 teaspoons)
- Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) (2-1/2 cups)
- 2-1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Black pepper, ground (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Old Bay seasoning (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Spike seasoning (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1/4 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flakes (couple of pinches)
- Sea salt, fine (3/4 teaspoon)
- Thyme, dried (1/4 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup) (store-bought or make your own by combining sugar and cinnamon)
- Sugar (1/3 cup + 1/2 teaspoon)
- White chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Honey (2 teaspoons)
- Frozen puff pastry (1/2 pound package)
- Pita chips (1 party size bag)
- Pretzels (16-18 ounce bag)
A day before the party:
- Make the chive aioli for the Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites. Refrigerate aioli in covered serving bowl. Combine ingredients for the crab bites. Spoon filling into mini muffin tins. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make the White Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels. Store in covered serving bowl.
- Prepare the Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip. Place dip in a covered serving bowl. Store in refrigerator.
Day of the party:
- For the Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Shooters, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast the butternut squash, potatoes, onions, jalapeno and apple. Puree all ingredients; pour soup into shooter glasses; garnish with parsley.
- Prepare the Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple & Gruyere Bites. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and place on serving platter.
- Lower oven temp to 350. Bake the Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites for 25 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and place on serving platter. Serve with the chive aioli.
- Uncover the Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip. Serve with pita chips.
- Uncover the White Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels.
…And enjoy the spread!