Dessert Spread #1
ESPRESSO CASHEW CLUSTERS
Whole cashews covered in caramel and dipped in espresso dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. These are too good! I love cashews and the whole salty/sweet combination and these certainly do not disappoint. I think these are completely amazing! They would be awesome paired with a rich cup of coffee or a dry red wine.
Recipe found here: http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/espresso-cashew-clusters/
WHITE CHOCOLATE OREO COOKIES
Soft white chocolate chip cookies filled with Oreo chunks. They look delicious.
Recipe found here: https://therecipecritic.com/2015/04/white-chocolate-oreo-cookies/
PEACH FILLED CUPCAKES
Yellow cupcakes with a with a fresh peach filling, topped with cinnamon buttercream frosting and toasted pecans. These are super moist and filled with peachy goodness.
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1 cup water
- 3-1/2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, very soft
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the peach filling: In medium sauce pan, cook all ingredients for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Make the toasted pecan topping: In a dry saute pan, over medium heat, toast pecans for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with butter, brown sugar and salt. Make the cinnamon buttercream frosting: In stand mixer or using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Using a stand or a hand mixer, blend together the cake mix, butter, canola oil, eggs and water; mix for 2 minutes on high. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cake mix batter into each cupcake liner; top each with 1 tablespoon peach filling; top that with another tablespoon of cake mix batter. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool on wire rack. When cooled, frost the cupcakes as desired; sprinkle with the toasted pecan topping.
SMORES FLUFF WITH GRAHAM CRACKERS
A quick easy, fluffy dessert dip made with chocolate pudding, Cool Whip and marshmallow cream with chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows folded in. Serve with graham crackers to complete the smores flavor.
Recipe found here: http://fakeginger.com/smores-fluff/
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE STRAWBERRY BITES
Strawberry halves topped with strawberry flavored cream cheese. These are delightful little bites and so easy to make and they look pretty too.
Recipe found here: http://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2016/01/strawberry-cheesecake-strawberry-bites.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/vrRfX+(The+Kitchen+is+My+Playground)
- Butter (1-3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon)
- Cream cheese (4 ounces)
- Eggs (5)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Strawberries (10 large)
- Peaches (3-1/2 cups)
- Yellow cake mix (1 box)
- Flour (2-1/2 cups plus 1 teaspoon)
- Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Brown sugar (1 cup plus 1 teaspoon)
- Powdered sugar (6 cups plus 1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Nutmeg (2 pinches)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Sea Salt (for garnish)
- Almond extract (1 teaspoon)
- Vanilla extract (2-1/2 teaspoons)
- Canola oil (1/4 cup)
- Pecans, chopped (1/2 cup)
- Cashews, whole (1 cup)
- Dark chocolate melting wafers (14 ounces)
- White chocolate chips (2 cups/12 oz bag)
- White non-pareil sprinkles and/or pink sugar sprinkles
- Food Coloring, pink (1 drop)
- Hershey’s chocolate bars (1/2 cup)
- Chocolate Pudding (1 cup) (homemade or store-bought)
- Marshmallow crème (1 cup)
- Marshmallows, mini (1/2 cup)
- Soft, chewy caramels (8 ounces)
- Espresso, ground (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Strawberry jam (2 tablespoons)
- Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Graham Crackers (1 box)
- Oreo cookies (14)
- Wax paper
A day before the party:
- Prepare the S’mores Fluff. Place in covered serving bowl. Store in refrigerator.
- Make the Espresso Cashew Clusters. After the chocolate has hardened, arrange them on a serving platter or bowl. Cover until ready to serve.
- Make Peach Filled Cupcakes. Wait to top them with pecans until the day of the party. Arrange them on a serving platter. Cover until ready to serve.
- Make the White Chocolate Oreo Cookies. Arrange them on a covered serving platter.
Day of the party:
- Make the Strawberry Cheesecake Strawberry Bites. Arrange them on a serving platter.
- Uncover the S’Mores Fluff. Serve with graham crackers.
- Uncover the White Chocolate Oreo Cookies and the Espresso Cashew Clusters.
- Top the Peach Filled Cupcakes with toasted pecans and arrange them on a serving platter.
…And enjoy the spread!