Football/Super Bowl Spread #1
TURKEY FETA BURGER SLIDERS WITH DIJON YOGURT SAUCE
Feta cheese makes all the difference; it gives these turkey burgers wonderful flavor. Even if you’re not a fan of turkey burgers, just give these a try; I think you’ll really enjoy them.
- 2 Pounds Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1-1/2 Cups Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Spike Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 48 Bread & Butter Pickle Slices
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (1 tomato has about 8 slices)
- 24 Slider Buns
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek yogurt
- A few dashes of Black Pepper
- A few dashes of Salt
- In small mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients for Dijon Yogurt Sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, feta cheese, chopped parsley, sliced green onions, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, Spike Seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper; form into 24 small patties.
- Spray a large skillet generously with cooking spray. Cook burgers over medium high heat for about 5 minutes each side.
- Spread both sides of slider buns with Dijon mustard sauce. Place turkey burgers on bottoms of slider buns, top each one with one tomato slice and two bread & butter pickle slices. Put slider bun tops back on and serve warm.
SWEET AND SPICY BACON WRAPPED LITTLE SMOKIES
WARM SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP WITH PITA CHIPS
- 1-1/2 Cups Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Artichoke Hearts, Marinated, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Red Bell Peppers, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pita Chips (Two 7-8 ounce bags or one party size bag)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese and garnish with parsley. Bake for about 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling Serve warm with pita chips.
CHEESY RANCH CHEX MIX
A simple, tasty snack mix full of cheesy, ranch flavor. Sounds like a great game day snack.
Recipe found here: http://fakeginger.com/cheesy-ranch-chex-mix/#_a5y_p=4261982
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY FOOTBALLS
These are so cute – chocolate covered strawberries that look like little footballs – perfect for a football spread! This recipe makes 12. I would double it for a small spread. I think these will go quickly.
Recipe found here: http://www.mymommystyle.com/?p=6716
- Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground turkey (2 pounds)
- Bacon (7 slices)
- Little Smokies Cocktail Sausages (1 package)
- Butter (3 tablespoons)
- Cream Cheese (1-1/2 cups)
- Feta Cheese (1-1/2 cups)
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (2 cups)
- Fresh Parsley (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- Fresh Spinach (1 cup)
- Green Onions (1 small bunch)
- Red Bell Peppers (2 tablespoons)
- Roma Tomatoes (4)
- Strawberries, large (24)
- Lemon Juice (2 teaspoons)
- Artichoke Hearts, Marinated (1 cup)
- Bread & Butter Pickle Slices (48)
- Soy Sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Ranch Seasoning Mix (One 1-ounce package)
- Dijon Mustard (6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons)
- Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil (4 tablespoons)
- Cooking Spray
- Brown Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Dark Chocolate Chips (or candy melts) (3 cups)
- White Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup)
- Black Pepper (1-1/2 teaspoons plus a few dashes)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon plus a few dashes)
- Chili Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic Powder (3 teaspoons)
- Spike Seasoning (2 teaspoons)
- Slider Buns (24)
- Cheez-It Crackers (2 cups)
- Chex Cereal (rice, wheat, or corn) (8 cups)
- Mini Pretzels (2 cups)
- Pita Chips (two 7-8 ounce bags or one party size bag)
A day before the party:
- Combine the ingredients for the Turkey Feta Burger Sliders and form into patties. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make the Dijon Yogurt Sauce for the Turkey Feta Burger Sliders. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine ingredients for the Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip and spoon it into a baking dish. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make the Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix. Store in airtight container.
Day of the party:
- Make the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs. After the chocolate sets, arrange them on a serving platter.
- Place the Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix in a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies. Bake for about 22 minutes. Place on serving tray; serve with toothpicks.
- Place the Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip in the oven. Bake for about 35 minutes. This can bake at the same time as the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies. Serve the dip with pita chips.
- Cook the Turkey Feta Burger Sliders and place them on the slider buns with the Dijon Yogurt Sauce, and top with tomato slices and bread and butter pickle slices. Arrange on serving platter.
…And enjoy the spread!