Girls’ Night Spread #1
CRAB SALAD IN CRISP WONTON CUPS
Crispy baked wonton cups filled with a light crab and mango salad with a little bit of spice.
MUSHROOM CREAM CHEESE PHYLLO TRIANGLES WITH TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE
These appetizers are light and flaky and stuffed with a mushroom and cream cheese filling.
- 12 Sheets Phyllo Dough
- 8 ounce package white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Green Onions, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Spike Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Cooking Spray
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Couple Pinches of Black Pepper
- Couple Pinches of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large saute pan, over medium-high heat, saute mushrooms, green onions, Spike seasoning, garlic, basil, salt & pepper until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Let cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Lay a couple of pieces of wax paper onto your counter. Carefully unroll phyllo dough and place 2 pieces of dough onto the wax paper. Place a damp paper towel over the remaining phyllo dough just to keep it from drying out. It dries out quickly.
- Starting at the short end of the phyllo dough, cut the 2 pieces of dough into 3 equal strips. Place about 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture on 1 strip of dough and fold over to form a triangle, then fold over the opposite way to form another triangle and continue until they are all rolled up into little triangle pouches. Spray them with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- For the tomato dipping sauce: Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Serve at room temperature.
BACON APPLE BUTTER BRUSCHETTA
These flavors started out as a spread for crackers that I’ve made before with the same ingredients. It may sound like a bit of a strange combination, but the salty bacon pairs nicely with the sweet apple butter and the creamy cheese. It’s something that you just have to try!
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 3/4 Cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 10 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Apple Butter
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Sliced (Green part only)
- 4 Teaspoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread the bacon out on the foil. Cook bacon until crisp; about 20-25 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towel lined plate. When cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Slice French bread into 1/2” slices; brush with melted butter and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Spread each piece of toasted bread with about 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese; spread about 1 teaspoon of apple butter over the cream cheese; sprinkle with chopped bacon & sliced green onions.
SWEET AND SALTY CINNAMONY PRETZEL SNACK MIX
Sweet and salty and sprinkled with cinnamon; sounds like a perfect snack to share with your girlfriends.
DRUNK CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY/ALMOND CHERRIES
These fresh sweet cherries are soaked in cherry flavored vodka and almond extract and then covered in dark chocolate and white chocolate. These are amazing and addicting!
- 30 Fresh Sweet Cherries
- 1-1/2 cups Cherry Flavored Vodka
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Almond Extract
- 6 Ounces White Chocolate
- 6 Ounces Dark Chocolate
- With a toothpick, poke 5-6 holes in each cherry. Place the cherries in a glass jar with a lid. Mix the vodka and almond extract together and pour it over the cherries. Let the cherries soak for 24 hours. After they have soaked, strain the cherries, reserving the liquid. (This reserved cherry/almond flavored vodka makes a great cocktail added to your favorite cola or lemon/lime soda). Dry the cherries well with a paper towel and place on a plate while you get the chocolate ready. Place white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds; stir; microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring afterwards, until completely melted. This should only take 1 minute or so. Place the dark chocolate in a separate bowl and melt the same as you did with the white chocolate. Let the chocolate cool on the counter for about 5 minutes. Holding a cherry by the stem (Note: if the stem has fallen off, stick a toothpick in the top of the cherry to dip it in chocolate), dip half of the cherries in white chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. With a spoon, drizzle a little bit of the dark chocolate onto the white chocolate dipped cherry. And follow the same process for dark chocolate; drizzling with white chocolate. Place cherries on a plate covered with wax paper. When they are all covered in chocolate, allow to set up on counter or for a quicker setup, place the cherries in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Remove from freezer and arrange cherries in serving bowl or platter or in large martini glasses.
- Lump Crabmeat (1/2 pound)
- Bacon (10 slices)
- Parmesan Cheese, Grated (1 tablespoon)
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (1 cup)
- Butter (3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
- White Chocolate (6 ounces)
- Dark Chocolate (6 ounces)
- Almond Extract (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cooking Spray
- Canola Oil (2 teaspoons)
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Coarse Sea Salt (1 tablespoon) (optional – recipe says that you can use the coarse salt at the bottom of the pretzel bag instead of buying coarse sea salt)
- Salt (about 1 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (2 tablespoons)
- Garlic Powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Red Pepper Flakes (hot) (1/2 teaspoon)
- Dried Basil (1/4 teaspoon)
- Spike Seasoning (1 teaspoon)
- Apple Butter (1/2 cup)
- Canned Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano (One 14.5-ounce can)
- Celery (1 stalk)
- Mushrooms, white button (8 ounce package)
- Red Bell Pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Green Onions (1 bunch)
- Cilantro (2 tablespoons)
- Fresh Parsley (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- Lime (1)
- Sweet Cherries (30)
- Mango (1/2 cup)
- Wonton Wrappers (18)
- French Bread (1 loaf)
- Phyllo Dough (12 sheets)
- Chex Cereal (1 cup)
- Pretzels (2 cups)
- Peanuts (1 cup)
- Vodka, Cherry Flavored (1-1/2 Cups)
A day before the party:
- Wash the cherries and poke some holes in each one. Place cherries into a jar; fill with cherry vodka and almond extract. Put the lid on the jar and let sit on the counter overnight to soak.
- Make the Sweet and Salty Cinnamony Pretzel Snack Mix. Store in airtight container.
- Make the mushroom filling for the Mushroom Cream Cheese Phyllo Triangles. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Make the crab salad. Store in covered bowl in refrigerator.
- Bake the wonton cups; cool and store in plastic bag.
Day of the party:
- Strain the cherries. Pat dry with paper towel. Dip cherries in chocolate. After the chocolate has set, place in serving container. I like serving these in large martini glasses.
- Put the snack mix in a serving bowl.
- Cook the bacon and chop into small pieces.
- Slice the French bread; brush with butter & toast bread in the oven. When cooled slightly, spread with cream cheese; spread apple butter on top; top with bacon and scallions. Place on serving platter.
- Blend the ingredients for the Tomato Dipping Sauce and pour into a small serving bowl.
- Make the Mushroom Cream Cheese Phyllo Triangles. Bake and place on serving platter with the bowl of Tomato Dipping Sauce.
- Fill the wonton cups with crab salad. Arrange on serving platter.
…And enjoy the spread!