No Cook Spread #1
CORN AND CRAB SALAD TORTILLA CUPS
Crab, corn and avocado salad with lime and cilantro and a little bit of heat from a jalapeno, all piled into crunchy tortilla cups. This is quick and easy and it sounds very light and tasty. This recipe makes 64. I would make half the recipe for a small spread.
Recipe found here: https://snappygourmet.com/corn-crab-salad-tortilla-cups/
EASY SAUSAGE SKEWERS
Smoked sausage skewered with Colby-jack cheese, zucchini slices and cherry tomatoes – couldn’t be easier and it sounds like a tasty little bite. As an option, these can also be served with an Italian dressing dipping sauce or mustard.
Recipe found here: http://homemadehooplah.com/recipes/easy-sausage-skewers/
LIME CILANTRO HUMMUS WITH PITA CHIPS
This hummus is fresh and light tasting with a little bit of spice, and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. It’s simple and delicious.
Recipe found here: http://www.veganfamilyrecipes.com/lime-cilantro-hummus/
ARTICHOKE & SUN-DRIED TOMATO CUCUMBER ROLLS
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
- 8-10 Artichoke Hearts, marinated, chopped
- 8-10 Sun-dried Tomatoes, marinated, chopped
- 1 Seedless (English) Cucumber
- 2 Carrots, small, shredded
- 2 Teaspoons Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Mix the cream cheese with the parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Slice the green onions; shred the carrots and chop the parsley, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Cut the cucumber in half and slice each half into 15 thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Spread each cucumber strip with the cream cheese mixture, top with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and carrots. Roll up the cucumber strips and serve.
BANANA CREAM BITES
These are like mini banana cream pies. This recipe makes quite a few, but they’re small and bite-sized, so they’ll probably disappear quickly.
Recipe found here: http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/banana-cream-bites/
• Johnsonville Smoked Sausage (12 ounces)
• Lump Crab Meat (1/2 pound)
• Colby Jack Cheese (24 ounces)
• Cream Cheese (1 cup)
• Milk (1-2/3 cups)
• Bananas (2)
• Avocado (1/2)
• Cherry Tomatoes (1 cup)
• Carrots (2 small)
• Zucchini (4 medium)
• Seedless (English) Cucumber (1 large)
• Red Onion (1/4 cup)
• Green Onions (2 teaspoons)
• Jalapeno (1 teaspoon)
• Lime (2)
• Lemon Juice (1-1/2 teaspoons)
• Fresh Cilantro (1 large bunch)
• Fresh Parsley (2 teaspoons)
• Artichoke Hearts, marinated (8-10)
• Sundried Tomatoes, marinated (8-10)
• Canned Corn (7-1/2 ounces)
• Chickpeas (1-1/2 cups)
• Tahini (2 tablespoons)
• Italian Dressing (optional – for dipping sauce)
• Olive Oil (4-5 tablespoons)
• Vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounce package)
• Cumin (1 teaspoon)
• Garlic Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
• Salt (about 3/4 teaspoon)
• Black Pepper (1/4 teaspoon plus a couple of dashes)
• Cayenne Pepper (1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons)
• Tortilla Chip Cups (about 32)
• Pita Chips (1 party-size bag)
• Vanilla Wafers (1 box)
• Whipped cream topping (1 small container)
Assuming this is a last minute party, there will be no prep the day before the party.
Day of the party:
• For the Corn Crab Salad Tortilla Cups: Combine the corn, crab, avocado, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Mix olive oil, lime, salt & pepper and toss with the crab salad. Spoon the mixture into the tortilla cups. Place on serving platter.
• For the Easy Sausage Skewers: Cut the sausage and the Colby Jack cheese into cubes. Slice the zucchini. Skewer the sausage, cheese, zucchini and cherry tomatoes on toothpicks. Place them on a serving platter. Pour Italian dressing into small bowl to serve with the skewers. (optional)
• For the Lime Cilantro Hummus: Mix all ingredients (except cayenne pepper) in a food processor until creamy. Place the hummus in a serving bowl; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
• For the Artichoke & Sun-dried Tomato Cucumber Rolls: Mix cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Slice the green onions, shred the carrots and chop the parsley, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Make the cucumber strips with a vegetable peeler. Spread each cucumber strip with the cream cheese mixture, top with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and carrots. Roll them up and place on a serving platter.
• For the Banana Cream Bites: Mix the pudding and milk together until smooth. Place in refrigerator for about 5 minutes. Chop the bananas, reserving half of a banana for garnish slices. Add the chopped banana to the pudding. Spoon the pudding onto the vanilla wafers, top with whipped cream and garnish with sliced banana. Place on serving platter.