Picnic Spread #1
CHICKEN BACON PRESSED PICNIC SANDWICHES
Chicken & bacon sandwiches on crusty bread with cheddar cheese, onions and spinach, topped with a raspberry honey mustard. These sound delicious!
STRAWBERRY JALAPENO SALSA WITH TORTILLA CHIPS
This is a great salsa! It’s light and refreshing and has wonderful flavor with a nice combination of sweet and spicy. It pairs well with salty tortilla chips.
Recipe found here: https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/strawberry-jalapeno-salsa/
MINI ITALIAN APPETIZER SKEWERS
A tasty little bite of cheese tortellini, salami, cheddar cheese and olives. This recipe makes 50, so you’ll only need ½ the recipe for a small spread.
FUDGY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
These cookies are rich and chocolaty and simply delicious. When I made these, I drizzled them with chocolate, but if your outdoor picnic is in warm weather, I would recommend following the recipe and covering them in sugar instead.
Recipe found here: http://dishesanddustbunnies.com/fudgy-chocolate-cookies/
- Bacon (1 pound)
- Rotisserie Chicken (1.5 to 2 pounds)
- Salami (25 slices)
- Eggs (3)
- Butter (1-1/4 cup)
- Cheddar Cheese, Extra-Sharp, sliced (1 pound)
- Sharp Cheddar (25 cubes)
- Cheese Tortellini, refrigerated (half of an 8-9 ounce package)
- Spinach, baby (4 large handfuls)
- Cilantro (handful)
- Jalapeno pepper (1)
- Red Onion (1 large)
- Strawberries (15-20)
- Lime (1)
- Flour, All-purpose (2-1/2 cups)
- Sugar (2-1/2 cups)
- Baking Soda (1-1/4 teaspoons)
- Cocoa (1 cup)
- Vanilla (2-1/2 teaspoons)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Toothpicks (25)
- Black Olives, medium size (1 small can)
- Green Olives, medium size (6 ounce jar)
- Honey Mustard (1/2 cup)
- Italian Salad Dressing (1/2 bottle)
- Raspberry Preserves (1/2 cup)
- Sesame Semolina (2 loaves)
- Tortilla Chips (1 bag)
A day before the party:
- Bake the fudgy chocolate cookies; allow them to cool; store in airtight container.
- Cook the tortellini. When they are cool, place them in a large ziplock bag with ½ bottle of Italian salad dressing and allow to them to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the Chicken Bacon Pressed Picnic Sandwiches. Wrap them in plastic wrap. Press them down with a heavy object and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Day of the party:
- Skewer the tortellini, salami, cheese and olives for the Mini Italian Appetizer Skewers.
- Unwrap the Chicken Bacon Pressed Picnic Sandwiches and slice each loaf into 8 pieces. Place sandwiches on serving platter covered with plastic wrap. Serve with the raspberry mustard.
- For the Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa, chop the strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro; add lime and black pepper. Place in a covered serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Pack everything in your picnic basket.
…And enjoy the spread!