Thanksgiving Spread #1
30 MINUTE MOZZARELLA STUFFED TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH HOME-MADE MARINARA SAUCE
These are delicious! They’re a little crunchy on the outside and the inside is filled with melted gooey mozzarella cheese. I would make these somewhat small so they’re a nice, easy one-two bite appetizer.
Recipe found here: http://bakerbynature.com/30-minute-mozzarella-stuffed-turkey-meatballs-with-homemade-marinara/
LOADED MASHED POTATOES APPETIZER BITES
Everything you’d want on a baked potato – cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives – all in a bite-sized snack.
Recipe found here: http://www.ohmy-creative.com/kitchen/appetizer/loaded-mashed-potatoes/#_a5y_p=5320303
SMOKED SALMON DIP SERVED WITH SLICED BAGUETTE
This creamy smoked salmon dip is served cold. It’s very easy to make too – All you need to do is whip it up in a food processor and it’s ready to serve.
Recipe found here: http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/smoked-salmon-dip/
THROW TOGETHER FALL SNACK MIX
This is a simple, sweet and salty snack mix with warm fall spices.
- 15 ounce bag Mini Twists Pretzels
- 11 ounce bag Candy Corn
- 1-1/2 Cups Roasted, Salted, Whole Almonds
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Mix together pretzels, candy corn, almonds, chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Toss with cinnamon and nutmeg.
GINGERSNAP PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BITES
A no-bake dessert with flavors of pumpkin cheesecake without all the fuss. These tasty bites can be whipped up in no time at all.
- 36 Gingersnap Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 3 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute, stir until smooth and completely melted. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, on high speed, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Stir in the pumpkin puree, softened cream cheese, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ground gloves, and ginger. Mix until well blended, about 20 seconds. Place a generous teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture onto each gingersnap cookie; top with chopped pecans; drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Smoked Salmon (4 ounces)
- Bacon (3 tablespoons, chopped)
- Ground Turkey (1 pound)
- Eggs (2)
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Mozzarella Cheese (4 ounces)
- Romano Cheese, grated (1/2 cup plus additional for garnish)
- Cream Cheese (1-1/2 cups)
- Sour Cream (1-1/4 cups)
- Whipping Cream (1 cup)
- Mashed Potatoes (homemade or store-bought) (3 cups)
- Chives (1 bunch)
- Fresh Dill (2 tablespoons plus additional for garnish)
- Garlic Cloves (5)
- Lemon (1)
- Parsley, fresh (2 teaspoons plus additional for garnish)
- Olive Oil (6 tablespoons)
- Sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- Light Brown Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (2-1/3 cups)
- Pecans, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- Salt (about 2 teaspoons)
- Black Pepper (about 1 teaspoon)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (1/2 teaspoon)
- Italian Seasoning (4 teaspoons)
- Ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
- Ground Cloves (1/4 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
- Nutmeg (1-1/4 teaspoons)
- Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs (1 cup)
- Mayonnaise (1/4 cup)
- Horseradish, cream-style (2 teaspoons)
- Crushed Tomatoes (one 28-ounce can)
- Pumpkin Puree (1/2 cup)
- Dried Cranberries (1 cup)
- Baguette (1 large loaf)
- Pretzels, mini twists (15 ounce bag)
- Whole Almonds, roasted & salted (1-1/2 cups)
- Gingersnap cookies (36)
- Candy Corn (11 ounce bag)
A day before the party:
- Make the Throw Together Fall Snack Mix. Store in ziplock bag or airtight container.
- Mix together ingredients for the Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs. Form then into balls and store them in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Make the marinara sauce for the Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Make the Smoked Salmon. Place in serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Make the pumpkin cream cheese mixture for the Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Day of the party:
- Place the Throw Together Fall Snack Mix in a serving bowl.
- Mix together ingredients for the Loaded Mashed Potatoes Appetizer Bites. Bake until golden brown. Place on serving platter.
- Slice the baguette to serve with the Smoked Salmon Dip.
- Spoon the pumpkin cheesecake mixture onto the gingersnap cookies; top with chopped pecans; drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on serving platter.
- Cook the Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs and put a toothpick in each one. Warm the marinara sauce in the microwave. Spoon the marinara sauce onto a serving platter. Place the meatballs in the sauce and sprinkle with Romano cheese and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
…And enjoy the spread!