Thanksgiving Spread #2
BAKED HAM AND CHEESE ROLLUPS
Ham and Swiss cheese rolled up into crescent rolls and baked with a buttery mustard glaze – sounds amazing! I would double this recipe for a small spread, so that it makes 24 appetizers.
Recipe found here: http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/baked-ham-and-cheese-rollups/
MINI SMOKED TURKEY & ASIAGO QUICHES WITH SWEET POTATO CRUST
I love to serve mini quiche at parties. They’re easy to make and great for any type of party. These have a bit of sweetness from the sweet potatoes. I think it pairs nicely with the smoked turkey and salty Asiago cheese.
- 7 Eggs, large
- 4 Slices Smoked Turkey Lunchmeat, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray. In a small bowl, shred the sweet potatoes and mix with 1 egg. Press mixture into the muffin cups; about 1 teaspoon in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes. Chop the smoked turkey into small pieces. Slice the green onions, chop the red bell pepper and the parsley. Top each sweet potato crust with green onions, red bell pepper, smoked turkey and Asiago cheese and parsley. Whisk together the remaining 6 eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Pour the egg mixture on top of the sweet potato crust, filling each muffin cup to the top. Bake for 15 minutes.
ONION CRANBERRY PECAN CHEESEBALL
This is simple and quick to throw together. There are only a few ingredients, but it has a great combination of savory and sweet, with a little bit of tartness from the cranberries. To form the mixture into a ball, I find it helpful to put plastic baggies over my hands, spray the outside of the baggies with a little bit of cooking spray and form the mixture into a ball. It’s much less messy this way and it won’t stick all over your hands.
Recipe found here: http://realhousemoms.com/onion-cranberry-pecan-cheese-ball/
APPLE PIE BITES
This recipe is from one of my favorite shows – The Chew. These are super simple and they only bake for about 10 minutes. I would double this recipe for your small spread.
Recipe found here: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/apple-pie-bites-clinton-kelly
PECAN PIE TRUFFLES
Pecan pie flavors rolled up into a little ball and covered in chocolate. These are really good and there’s no cooking involved. You can even make them a day or two before your party.
Recipe found here: http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/pecan-pie-truffles/
- Smoked Turkey Lunchmeat, thinly sliced (4 slices)
- Boar’s Head SmokeMaster Black Forest Ham, thinly sliced (1-1/2 lbs)
- Asiago Cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Sharp white cheddar cheese (2 cups shredded)
- Swiss Cheese, thinly sliced (24 slices)
- Cream cheese (8 ounces)
- Eggs, large (7)
- Butter (1-1/4 cups)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Store-bought pie crust dough (2)
- Crescent dough sheet (2 tubes)
- Sweet Potato (1 medium)
- Fresh Parsley (1 small bunch)
- Granny Smith Apples (2)
- Green Onions (1 bunch)
- Red Bell Pepper, diced (2 tablespoons)
- Italian Seasoning (1/2 teaspoon)
- Dried Minced Onion (2 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Poppyseeds (2 tablespoons)
- Cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
- Vanilla (1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Light Brown Sugar (1 cup)
- Maple Syrup (2 tablespoons)
- Corn Syrup (3/8 cup)
- Dipping Chocolate (Candiquik) (16 ounces)
- Pecans, chopped (3-1/2 cups)
- Craisins (1 cup)
- Graham Cracker Crumbs (1 cup)
- Cooking Spray
- Worcestershire sauce (1 teaspoon)
- Yellow Mustard (3 tablespoons)
- Crackers (2 boxes)
- Wax paper
A day before the party:
- For the Mini Smoked Turkey & Asiago Quiches, shred the sweet potatoes; mix with 1 egg & bake the sweet potato crust. Cool and cover muffin tin with plastic wrap or foil and store in refrigerator. Chop the smoked turkey, red bell pepper, parsley and green onions; store separately in plastic baggies in refrigerator. Whisk together the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper; store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Mix together ingredients for the Cranberry Pecan Cheeseball; form into a ball on a serving platter; store covered in refrigerator. Wait until the day of the party to add the pecans. Toast the pecans; allow them to cool; store in covered container.
- Mix together ingredients for the Pecan Pie Truffles. Form them into balls, dip them in chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pecans. When the chocolate is set, place the truffles on a serving platter; cover and store at room temperature.
Day of the party:
- Assemble the Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cover with foil after baking to keep warm. Place on serving tray when ready to serve.
- Increase oven temp to 375. Assemble the Mini Smoked Turkey & Asiago Quiches. Bake for 15 minutes. Cover with foil to keep warm. Place on a serving tray when ready to serve.
- Increase oven temp to 425. Assemble the Apple Pie Bites and bake for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cinnamon and sugar mixture and place them on a serving platter.
- Add the toasted pecans to the Onion Cranberry Pecan Cheeseball. Arrange crackers around the cheeseball on the serving platter.
- Uncover the Pecan Pie Truffles and serve.
…And enjoy the spread!