Vegan Spread #1
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER DIP WITH TORTILLA CHIPS
This dip is unique and very tasty. It has a great nutty flavor that is wonderful with the roasted cauliflower. It’s topped with roasted hazelnuts and fresh parsley. I think it would pair well with some crispy, salty tortilla chips.
Recipe found here: http://www.cookincanuck.com/2017/02/roasted-cauliflower-dip-recipe-vegan/?m
CROSTINI WITH ROASTED CHERRIES AND THYME ON ALMOND RICOTTA WITH HONEY AND BALSAMIC
This crostini sounds delicious. Warm toasted bread with almond ricotta and roasted cherries; drizzled with agave and balsamic. This recipe makes 12, but I would double it for a small spread so your guests have the option of having more than one. Substitute agave in the recipe instead of honey to make it vegan.
Recipe found here: http://heatherchristo.com/2016/05/23/crostini-with-roasted-cherries-and-thyme-on-almond-ricotta-with-honey-and-balsamic/
BAKED VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS
Flaky, crispy phyllo dough filled with zucchini, carrots, green beans and red bell peppers, served with a sweet soy dipping sauce and topped with roasted sesame seeds. These are wonderful!
Recipe found here: http://skinnyms.com/veggie-spring-rolls-recipe/
CHILI ROSEMARY ROASTED NUTS
A combination of cashews, almonds and pistachios roasted with fresh rosemary, lime and warm smokey spices. They are completely addicting!
Recipe found here: http://therealfoodrds.com/chili-rosemary-roasted-nuts/
3 INGREDIENT DAIRY FREE FUDGE
A simple, creamy chocolate fudge with only 3 ingredients. I think this would be a great sweet addition to any vegan spread.
Recipe found here: http://theprettybee.com/2015/11/3-ingredient-dairy-free-fudge.html
- Almond Ricotta (2 cups)
- Bell pepper (1/2 cup)
- Carrots (1 cup)
- Cauliflower florets (5 cups)
- String Beans (1/2 cup)
- Zucchini (1 cup)
- Shallot (1 large)
- Onion, medium (1)
- Garlic clove (1)
- Parsley, flat-leaf, fresh (1 tablespoon)
- Thyme, fresh (24 sprigs)
- Rosemary, fresh (1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon))
- Cherries (24)
- Lime (1/2)
- Avocado oil (1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Balsamic glaze (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- Olive oil (7 tablespoons)
- Soy sauce (4 tablespoons)
- Salt (about 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Black Pepper (3/4 teaspoon)
- Chili powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Smoked Paprika (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sesame seeds, roasted (1 tablespoon)
- Coconut milk, canned, full fat (13.5 ounces)
- Agave (about 1/4 cup)
- Coconut sugar (1/4 cup)
- Confectioner’s sugar (3/4 cup)
- Cornstarch (1 tablespoon)
- Dairy free dark chocolate chips (3 cups)
- Back to Nature Cashew Almond Pistachio mix (9 ounces – about 2 cups)
- Back to Nature Jumbo Cashews (9 ounces – about 2 cups)
- Hazelnuts, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- Phyllo pastry sheets (4 sheets)
- Baguette (24 slices)
- Tortilla chips (1 party size bag)
- White wine (or cider vinegar) (3 tablespoons)
A day before the party:
- Prepare the 3 Ingredient Dairy Free Fudge. When fudge is firm, cut into bite size pieces and place them on a serving platter. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Roast the Chili & Rosemary Nuts. When cool, place them in a covered serving bowl.
- Prepare the filling and the dipping sauce for the Baked Vegetable Spring Rolls. Store in separate covered containers in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the Roasted Cauliflower Dip and place it in a covered serving bowl. Store in refrigerator. Wait to garnish with olive oil, parsley and hazelnuts until the day of the party. Chop and toast the hazelnuts. When they are cool, place in a ziplock baggie. Chop some parsley for garnish; store in ziplock baggie in refrigerator.
Day of the party:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll up the Baked Vegetable Spring Rolls. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut them in half, place them on a serving platter and sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce.
- For the Crostini with Roasted Cherries, roast the cherries and the slices of baguette for 5-7 minutes. Spread the crostini with almond ricotta, top with cherry halves and thyme. Drizzle them with agave and balsamic and a sprinkle of salt. Place them on a serving platter.
- Uncover the Roasted Cauliflower Dip; drizzle with olive oil; top with roasted hazelnuts and parsley. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Remove the fudge from the refrigerator; uncover.
- Uncover the Chili & Rosemary Nuts; garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.
…And enjoy the spread!